The old saying was degrees, not frames. If your frame width is not 1 degree, the result will differ accordingly.

One factor is whether the detector is centered or offset, and whether it is large enough to get the entire pattern. If the detector is offset, you are not getting the full diffraction from that position.

I don't think radiation damage figures into this. It might make it more difficult to get N degrees, but it does not change how much diffraction is necessary.

On 2020-06-22 18:03, Murpholino Peligro wrote:
Hi.
Quick question...
I have seen *somewhere* that to get a 'full dataset we need to collect n frames':
at least 180 frames if symmetry is X
at least 90 frames if symmetry is Y
at least 45 frames if symmetry is Z
Can somebody point where is *somewhere*?

...also...
what other factors can change n... besides symmetry and radiation damage?

Thanks

All Things Serve the Beam
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world