Hi Prem,

The immediate problem here is that the curve for the processed substrate simply
cannot be described by simple Michaelis-Menten kinetics. Assuming the assay has
worked as expected, the declining rate with increasing substrate concentration
suggests to me that this substrate also acts as an allosteric inhibitor, so
assays at high [substrate] will make it *look* like the unprocessed substrate
is preferred even though the processed one is cleaved faster by the uninhibited
enzyme.

Hope this helps,
Tristan

On 18 Jun 2021, at 05:05, Prem Prakash