Is your enzyme monomeric or multimeric?

What time exactly does it mean when you say unprocessed substrate versus
processed?

What are your error margins (no error bars evident on your plots)?
Depending on your errors, your second plot is not a 'steep decline' but
instead could be a constant line.

So, if your affinity for processed substrate is higher, it does not have to
mean that catalytic efficiency will also be higher
 For example RNA polymerase have to eventually let go of the promoter
region in order to elongate, but if the promoter binds too tightly they
will instead abort translation and fall off. Nature is complicated :)

In general it would help us a lot to help you if we understand the details
of your issue.

There is also a common issue that can be encountered with weakly associated
multimeric enzymes that act on polymeric substrate (in your case, DNA) -
namely when you add more substrate than enzyme the monomers of enzyme can
become 'smeared' along the DNA and this results in very odd kinetic
behavior.

Artem