I am not qualified to comment on anything in the rest of this discussion, but
regarding the excerpt quoted below: this way of recording an "image" seems very
similar to the EER (electron event representation) of the Falcon 4 direct
electron detector used in cryoEM. See https://doi.org/10.1107/S205225252000929X

Guillaume

On 18 Oct 2021, at 08:30, Frank von Delft