Dear all

We have refined (Refmac5) a crystallographic structure with Rw/Rf values
0.19/0.22 (Resln 2.67). However, the deposition has stalled on account of
the wwPDB's preliminary validation report, which indicates map/model and
geometry issues, with each criterion containing a few instances. We tried
to correct these by varying overall geometry restraint weights, e.g.
decreasing overall weights from default value of 1.0, incementally
decreasing sigmas corresponding to the planarity restraint term. This did
not resolve the issues.

In another approach, real space refinement by hand (against 2fo-fc) in coot
brought the geometry parameters within acceptable limits in addition to
improved apparent agreement with electron density (2fo-fc, sigma=1), but
uploading the resultant coordinates seems to undo the changes made in coot,
as indicated by reappearance of same outliers in the subsequent validation
report.

I request your kind suggestions in this regard. Please also revert for any
further information.

Thanks
Nitin Kulhar
PhD student
c/o Dr Rajakumara Eerappa
Macromolecular Structural Biology Group
Department of Biotechnology
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Kandi, Sangareddy
Telangana, India 502284

--

Disclaimer:- This footer text is to convey that this email is sent by one
of the users of IITH. So, do not mark it as SPAM.