Hello

This is a common issue with volatile organics in the drop. Solutions that
have worked in the past include:

1. covering the drop in oil (some people prefer light oil, I personally
prefer heavy/viscous oil, as it makes harvesting easier)
2. diluting the drop with a much larger volume of mother liquor (from the
well, or a carefully matched "synthetic" version)
3. gelling the drop with CM-cellulose or some other suitable additive (this
also could work with new drops, meaning before your crystals appear - they
often grow larger this way)
4. lowering the temperature (the colder, the better) and performing harvest
in a cold room
5. flooding the drop with cryo (20-25% ethylene glycol is my #1 choice, but
you need multiple drops to play around with different cryos of course)

Best of luck!

Artem

- Cosmic Cats approve of this message