With a cryoEM map, it's easier to do the rigid-body fitting of step 2 in real
space (this is trivial to do interactively in ChimeraX) rather than by MR.

________________________________
From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of Eleanor Dodson
<0000176a9d5ebad7-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2024 1:39:56 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Resampling CryoEM Density map to XRD Density map for
Difference Map

Hmm - rather tricky! I would do an MR search with the crystal model v the EM
density,
Steps would be:
1) convert EM density to "structure factors". - there are tools which do this ..
  1a) You need to go back to ccp4i - program sfall to read map to generate SFs
from map - then cad or sftools to add a fake SigF column
2) Solve MR search with the model v these "structure factors" using them  as
Fobs
3) Calculate the structure factors from the MR positiooned model and get the
difference map..

On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 at 11:46, Martin Malý