On 09/15/2015 11:49 AM, Richard Loken wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2015, Chuck Guzis wrote:

Maybe that's changed today.  I remember seeing a figure of 11
debugged lines of code per day per programmer as the average for a
GSA programmer back in the 1980s.

I remeber that statistic from my youth, too.  What kind of code?
Fortran? APL?  Cobol?  Assember?  C?

Most likely COBOL. The GSA types were doing a lot of it back when I remember the number. Probably punched into cards.

Could also have been RPG, or less likely FORTRAN. Back when I heard the statistic, I don't think that federal types had used C. Maybe JOVIAL or Autocoder...

--Chuck