On 2015-Dec-11, at 4:43 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:

>>> It's a total waste of time having to re-read all the unnecessary crap
>>> many times just to get to a one sentence reply.
>
> IFF people were to be considerate and delete/trim/remove all of the
> irrelevant parts of the quoted material, then the placement of the reply
> would not matter.  We are arguing over which is the best way to work around
> refusal to trim by lazy inconsiderate people.

On this list many replies involve responses to multiple points in the prior
material. Even if people trim the prior material, top-posting will still be
non-sensical and confusing.
For discussions of the nature for which this list is intended, bottom-posting -
after appropriately trimmed/selected prior point(s) - is the clearest and most
(or only) consistent method.

Top posting may be workable for simple, private, casual conversations. That's
not this list.