On 2016-05-26 2:39 PM, Geoffrey Oltmans wrote:
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Fred Cisin <ci...@xenosoft.com> wrote:

And, THAT is why it MUST be replaced immediately by "modern" hardware
and software, to put an end to that.  Windows10 can change that.

Yes, and while we're at it, put it in "the cloud" so that the we can have
an app for "red button." ;) What could possibly go wrong?

We're pretty much already there.

Audits of the F35 software found:
 * single points of failure (grounding global fleet)
 * security issues
 * that software is the single biggest risk to the project

It's not clear how much Microsoft is already in that loop.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2016-04-21/gao-questions-deployability-redundancy-f-35-alis-system etc

While the existence of such projects is ... questionable to begin with, one might think the continual under-delivery (across all military boondoggles) might give taxpayers pause.

--Toby