On 5/27/16 7:17 PM, Jon Elson wrote:

   It hasn't
seen battle yet (and I hope it doesn't have to) but I'm a little worried about the fact that it's beaten (badly) in simulations and exercises with
   much older fighter aircraft with much more "primitive" tech, including
   Russian aircraft, too.

Oh, just to add more, the F35 is not a "fighter" despite its designation. It is an air superiority platform that is never supposed to get into a dogfight. It is supposed to be in a network of planes, and agressors will be shot down by missile from 50 miles away. The F22 is supposed to be the dogfighter.

And it wasn't supposed to even be the F-35. It was a misstatement at the announcement and should have been F-24.

alan