On 2016-05-26 10:48 PM, Holm Tiffe wrote:
Toby Thain wrote:

On 2016-05-26 3:17 PM, Holm Tiffe wrote:
Fred Cisin wrote:

On Thu, 26 May 2016, Brent Hilpert wrote:
A friend notice this in the news, I heard it mentioned on the radio this
morning too:
        http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36385839
extract:
        The report said that the Department of Defence systems that co-ordinated
        intercontinental ballistic missiles, nuclear bombers and tanker support
aircraft
        "runs on an IBM Series-1 Computer - a 1970s computing system - and uses
        eight-inch floppy disks".

"This system remains in use because, in short, it still works,"
Pentagon spokeswoman Lt Col Valerie Henderson told the AFP news agency.

And, THAT is why it MUST be replaced immediately by "modern" hardware
and software, to put an end to that.  Windows10 can change that.

Since Windows 10 is out, many security aware people here in germany
dropping Microsoft Software if they can and you think it would be a good
idea to control nuclear wheapons with this kind of crap?

Nothanks. This game is over.

In case you missed it:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nuclearpower-cyber-germany-idUSKCN0XN2OS

It's only a matter of time.

--Toby

Yes, this is only one of the reasons I don't like Windows, but the
germanys government has decided to shut down any nuclear plant anyways
after the fukushima desaster.

But controlling weapons wth Windoze would be another story.

Not necessarily true. Few weapons (perhaps none, but I'm not an expert on nuclear physics) can do as much harm as a failed nuclear plant.

--Toby

Regards,

Holm