On Fri, 23 Jun 2017, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
If it's a P1 or later system, don't forget USB pen drive.    There are
even DOS drivers available for that functionality.

Since Ed said Win95, I chose to discount the likelihood of that capability. I doubted that he would have rolled his own.
Win98SE seems to be the point where that became mainstream

I think that most modern PCs still have USB ports--you know, for foot
warmers, fans and other such useful stuff.

I thought that that was just for charging cellphones