On Fri, 23 Jun 2017, Geoff Oltmans wrote:
Silly me... And here I was thinking I could just use my dell dimension celeron machine running win98 complete with 5.25" floppy drive AND (drum roll) a 10/100 NIC and ftp over to my ftp server. But your idea sounds more thorough. :)

Sure.
But, a 2G USB flash drive will hold the contents of a mighty big stack of floppies (bigger than the hard drive that he had 30 years ago)
He might find that easier to deal with than ftp.

He might also need a little hand-holding on how to open the WP files with his current word processor

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com