On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Phil Blundell via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2017-08-04 at 08:53 -0400, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
> >
> > But are SD cards really that unreliable?
>
> It depends on exactly how you measure "reliable".  There are a few
> different things going on, and it differs from one SD card to another.
>
> <snip>
>

> capacity MLC one.  But otherwise, I would just make sure I had a backup
> and live with the possibility that the card might need replacing after
> a couple of years.
>
> Phil

I think one should just lump everything from 3.5 diskettes to today's min
SD's (and into the future) as temporary storage and one should never store
the only single copy of data on these.

The biggest issue I have run into with the mini SD's is that I crush them
with my fingers.  Bass player fingers.

Bill