From: dwight [mailto:dkel...@hotmail.com]
Sent: 29 August 2017 22:25
To: r...@jarratt.me.uk; Rob Jarratt <robert.jarr...@ntlworld.com>; General
Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: PSU Input Rectifier Question

They would have electrolyte in them. It is mildly corrosive as it is mostly
a borate solution. You can drill a couple holes in the tops of the case and
drain them.

Since you say you've unsoldered the bases, are they wire or snap in. If snap
in, you must get the lead clear of any solder touching the edge of the hole
before you can think of any prying.

Dwight

  _____