On 08/29/2017 11:24 PM, drlegendre . via cctalk wrote:
> snap-cap removal goes like this: heat up the joints and solder-suck
> them clean as possible. Then hold on to the cap body, and attempt to
> rock it back & forth has you re-heat one pin and then the other(s).
> Once all the pins are broke free, you can extract it.
That's pretty much the way I do it--but I first remove as much solder as
possible (sometimes wick works better in these cases than suction), then
I clip the protruding leads as close to the board as I can.

Big snap-ins soldered to heavy power traces or planes can be a challenge
to get heated sufficiently.  Use two irons if you have to.

--Chuck