> On Sep 16, 2017, at 9:52 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
>> does anyone have any spare "pivot bushings" for the DEC H9xx series
>> cabinets (H950, H960, etc)? (These are the short pieces with a conical
>> top which fit over the hinge pins, at the bottom.)
>> I could also use some more of the pins (particularly the kind with the
>> hole drilled through them to take a roll pin)
>
> Someone asked for an image of these; here:
>
>  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/jpg/H9xxPinBushing.jpg
>
> is one. The pin in the picture is the kind without the hole at one end, but
> they are otherwise identical. (Ignore the retaining ring on the pin; those
> are easy to get, my local hardware store has them.)

If you have a lathe, this looks like a very nice beginner's project.  Start
with a rod of the right diameter; a simple way to get such a rod is to buy a
long bolt, because those are mostly not threaded.  Failing that, get a length
of "drill rod" from a metal supply outlet.  Then all you need is to grind a
tool bit (high speed steel) to form a narrow screwdriver-like tip to cut those
grooves.  Hold the rod in the lathe, cut the grooves in the right spots, cut
the thing to length, done.