On 09/16/2017 03:47 PM, Ethan Dicks via cctalk wrote:
Worst case, if I can't resurrect the PC, I'll probably throw an Arduino on it and use modern Open Source tools for driving it (the LMC box has a DB25 with all the step and direction and endstop signals on it for Mach3 or Grbl or whatever). This sort of project would be perfect on this wee lathe. The pins would be trivial (just need to grind an HSS cutting bit with the profile you described), and the bushings not much harder (ordinary bit for the main diameters and the taper, then cutoff, then rechuck and cut down the face to get down to final length). -ethan
There's also LinuxCNC for machine control.  ( linuxcnc.org )

Jon