On 10/18/2017 09:12 AM, Jack Harper via cctalk wrote:

> Possibly... :)
>
> Freight charge to get one from the Washington, DC area to Colorado
> is about $700 USD - and that is by Donkey :)
>
> Anders, I have been monitoring the one in the DC area - the freight
> cost alone is "large."

You're talking to the wrong people for shipping.   My 7970 came from
Ohio to Oregon, and was securely palletized.

The trick was to use a packaging/shipping service to handle things both
at the sending and receiving end.   They usually have contracts with
freight companies for considerably better rates than the usual one-off
LTL shipper prices.

Do your homework.  $700 is ridiculous.

--Chuck