On 7/29/22 10:53, Chris Zach via cctalk wrote:
I know you can run 7m as I have a couple of RL01 packs with 7m on them. You needed two drives.

RSX11/M 4.2 would probably be the best OS for a 34.

On 7/26/2022 11:52 PM, devin davison via cctalk wrote:
Hello,

Been a while since i last posted here.

I have a few pdp 11/34 systems. The drives i am using are RL02 drives.

Is it possible to install Ultrix on a 34? I have been testing out Ultrix in
the simh emulator. I see during the install the 34 mentioned as a
recognized cpu type, but later in the install the system hangs. This hang
does not occur if i emulate a later cpu system like the 11/83.

Not sure if ultrix can be installed due to the memory limitation, if not,
rsx will be my second choice.

Hoping to have some real hardware running soon!

Thanks,

Devin D.

I didn't try installing but I grabbed a couple RL02 images I
already had and booted an 11/34 with them so it will run. I
may try an install and see what happens.

bill