> I'm not even sure I'd call them related. The i960 is a very different,
> almost
> "normal" RISC chip compared to the i860, though it uses Berkeley
> register
> windows like SPARC. It has excellent XOR performance, so it got used a
> lot
> later on in RAID arrays (my Apple Network Server 500 has a RAID card
> with an
> i960 on it).

Thanks that explains most of what I have seen. I have also seen it used on a
number of SCSI controllers of yore and I believe the HP LJ 4 also used the i960
for its processor.

Outside of the Hauppauge 4860 I don't think I have ever seen a PC architecture
board with the i860 and I am not even sure how much use the Hauppauge board got
out of the i860 except for video processing.

-Ali