> On Sep 27, 2022, at 5:28 PM, Stefan Skoglund via cctalk
> <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> fre 2022-09-23 klockan 10:30 -0400 skrev emanuel stiebler via cctalk:
>> Hi all,
>> anybody has some GCC or any other tool chain for the above?
>> Or some pointers, which was the last version of the GCC tool chain
>> which
>> supported the i860, and would be still compile-able on this days
>> tools/OS's?
>>
>> Anything?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>
> pick together something like a sunos 5 or sunos4 machine and build the
> tool-chain on that ?

I don't know how old a GCC you can build on current machines.  The other way
around, yes.  But it's hard to see why old on new would be a problem.  You can
grab any GCC version you want and try it yourself.

As for when i860 disappeared, no idea.  The release notes would say, so you
could search those.  Or the ChangeLogs.  A quick scan says that i860 support
was removed in 2002, put back in 2003.  The newest reference is in 2005.  So if
you grab a 2004 release of GCC it's likely to have the support.

Similarly, FWIW, I see references to i960 in the 2003 ChangeLog.