> On Sep 27, 2022, at 7:43 PM, Paul Koning via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 27, 2022, at 5:28 PM, Stefan Skoglund via cctalk
>> <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> fre 2022-09-23 klockan 10:30 -0400 skrev emanuel stiebler via cctalk:
>>> Hi all,
>>> anybody has some GCC or any other tool chain for the above?
>>> Or some pointers, which was the last version of the GCC tool chain
>>> which
>>> supported the i860, and would be still compile-able on this days
>>> tools/OS's?
>>>
>>> Anything?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> pick together something like a sunos 5 or sunos4 machine and build the
>> tool-chain on that ?
>
> I don't know how old a GCC you can build on current machines.  The other way
> around, yes.  But it's hard to see why old on new would be a problem.  You
> can grab any GCC version you want and try it yourself.

FWIW, I just tried building GCC 2.95.2 on my Linux system (Fedora Core 32, GCC
10.3.1.  It almost built, ran into an argument mismatch error message in
something called "chill".  So if you want something that old it looks like
you'll have to start by building a less ancient version, say 4.8 or so, and
then use that to build the dinosaur.