On 2023-01-22 6:14 a.m., Chris via cctalk wrote:
Originally as I understand it the mouse as a product of Xerox was intended not
so much for general use but to aid youngins and disabled people with their
usage. And despite the never-mousers, predominantly linux fanatics, it's an
indispensable tool for nearly everyone. There was a stint where I favored
trackballs. But it's a toss up as to which is more natural and faster. Each may
excel in cwrtain applications.

Then there's the touch screen (and touch pad). I find touch pads superior, make
that way superior to that horrific track point used on old Thinkpads. But again
that'a me. Touch screens, my hatred for them grows almost daily. They have
their place. And for portable devices they're largely the only game in town.
But I often wish I at least had the option of a mouse or something close.

Is this an example of where older tech beats the new tech? Or do aspects of the
newer tech just await refinement?

CHEAPER IS BETTER!!! PC CLONES.
or SELL A NEW PRODUCT AT HIGH PRICE AND CALL IT BETTER TECH !!!
$100 mouse. $100 usb cables.
or JUST BE BIGGER, APPLE,IBM,INTEL.
It all boils down to marketing, and how to make people by newer crap.
Ben.