On 1/22/23 07:14, Chris via cctalk wrote:
Originally as I understand it the mouse as a product of Xerox was intended not
so much for general use but to aid youngins and disabled people with their
usage. And despite the never-mousers, predominantly linux fanatics, it's an
indispensable tool for nearly everyone. There was a stint where I favored
trackballs. But it's a toss up as to which is more natural and faster. Each may
excel in cwrtain applications.
I use a trackball on all my computers.  Logitech works, but very expensive.  I use Kensington version.  I do a lot of electronic CAD work, and the mouse moves when I go to click a button.  That requires me to have a death grip on the mouse, and that gives me carpal tunnel symptoms.  You can take your fingers off the trackball before pressing the buttons, then there is no cursor motion.

Jon