On 1/23/2023 9:04 PM, Sellam Abraham via cctalk wrote:
On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 6:17 PM Jim Brain via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

On 1/23/2023 7:58 PM, Chris via cctalk wrote:
That brings back memories (pun maybe intended).  In the late 1980s, you
could buy 5.25 DSDD in bulk for $USD0.29/disk, but you had to buy in
bulk.  So, clubs would buy, or someone would snag 100 or 200 and then
dole them out for a bit of profit.

I did that a couple times: bought 50 at a time for maybe 35 cents each?
Something like that.  They worked (and continue to work) great.

Sellam

For some reason, the whole buy in bulk and cut down to smaller sizes and sell just seemed so underworldly to me. You drove over to a friend's home, flashed a bit of cash, and someone would snag it and lay a plastic baggie of disks (literally.  To save money, I remember they skipped boxes for plastic bags of 10) into your hand. You quickly went back to the car and drove away.  Sometimes, the exchange happened at an event or in front of a frequented store. It felt dishonest in some way. I must have watched too many drug films/TV shows at the time.

Jim

--
Jim Brain
br...@jbrain.com