On Wed, 1 Feb 2023, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
You have that right Sellam, the more that I look into this, based on Fred’s info, I think that I need to get MS-DOS running under DOSBOX-X.

Probably worthwhile.

Although the truncation of file content after EOF during concatenation is somewhat esoteric.
There may be plenty of other things to check out.

Are you using the correct version of PKZIP?
I'm wondering how well PKZIP handles features that were added to PKZIP in versions newer than itself. Ideally, PKZIP should include metadata in files, including version number, to let you know whether it's a suitable version for a given file, . . .

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred                 ci...@xenosoft.com