Martin

From: Paul Koning via cctalk [mailto:cctalk@classiccmp.org]
Sent: 14 March 2023 01:13

Gents,

I've been doing logic debugging (on a fairly primitive software defined radio I
designed back in 1999) with an old Philips logic analyzer.  It's not bad,
certainly fast enough (I need 100 Msamples/s, it can do twice that) and it's
more than wide enough (I need 32 channels).  But its capture memory is
microscopic so I struggle to see more than one or two transactions, and I need
to see more than that.

Some poking around shows various USB-connected logic analyzers for quite low
prices, and a number of them seem to have suitable specs.  I also ran across
sigrok.org which seems to be an open source logic analysis framework that can
drive a bunch of those devices.  Nice given that too many of them only come
with Windows software.

I suspect there are others that have not too expensive logic analyzers and
might be able to offer up suggestions or product reviews.