On Sun, 26 Mar 2023 at 15:33, Steve Lewis via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with the 50-pin IDE interface, which I think is called
> ATA-3?  It is from around 1997-2002.   Normally IDE is 40-pin, or in
> laptops might be a 44-pin.
>
> But in a COMPAQ Presario 1220, I've come across its hard drive that is
> using this 50-pin interface (two rows of 25-pin that are quite
> small/tightly spaced - moreso than even PCMCIA).

 Hi Steve,

I have a vague memory of seeing one of those drives in a contemporary
setting but that was quite some time ago.  Unfortunately I'm not familiar
with this specific laptop line though I did find a link to the parts
listing:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/273186/Hp-Compaq-Presario-Presario-1200.html?page=3#manual
.  That only lists potential drive spares, though that might be of use when
trying to track down a pinout.  Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

-Henry