Sad news but a great article Liam, thanks for the interesting history.

The second language I taught myself was Algol 68 (!), on a DECSYSTEM20. I
learned Pascal at University, when I did my M.Sc I used VAX Pascal on a VAX
11/780 and went on to use it as my first professional language. I loved VAX
Pascal, I could do just about anything I wanted with it. Of course, it wasn't
very "pure" Pascal.

Incidentally, I have asked a couple of times before, but if anyone knows of any
media with Algol68C for PDP10 I would love to get hold of it.

Regards

Rob