From: Henry Bent via cctalk [mailto:cctalk@classiccmp.org]
Sent: 01 February 2024 14:52
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Cc: Henry Bent <henry.r.b...@gmail.com>
Subject: [cctalk] Re: VCF SoCal

On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 at 09:37, Paul Koning via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> > On Jan 31, 2024, at 7:16 PM, Bill Degnan via cctalk <
> cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:
> >
> > The Enter museum in Switzerland has a nice library of docs. I found
> > that museum to be chock full of interesting German and other
> > computers.  Worth the trip.
> > Bill
>
> Is any of that online?
>
> One frustrating thing about various museums is that they have stuff,
> but you can't access it.  For example, I know a museum with a
> collection of 1950s software on punched tape, but they refuse access
> to it for reading it.

Generally I have found that access to special collections is conditional on
having credentials that the museum is willing to accept.  In that case I can
imagine that the museum might be willing to allow inspection, perhaps
supervised, but that they would not be willing to allow their media to be run
through a punched tape reader because they were concerned about the possibility
for damage.  Did you talk to them about the possibility of some sort of optical
scanning?

-Henry