On 3/30/2024 10:49 PM, Tom Hunter via cctalk wrote:
Sorry I mistyped. I meant Mouser and Digikey, not Amazon and Digikey.

Whew!

I was playing that Sesame Street "which of these is NOT like the other" song in my head reading your earlier post.

:-)

Since Digikey/Mouser/RS don't always have some of the more esoteric ICs I need, I do sometimes have to hit the secondary markets. I can confirm there are reputable places to do so, but I agree there has to be a compelling reason to forego places like Digikey.

I find it telling that my non US PCBA buys all the actives from Digikey or Mouser and will consider only passives from local sources. Of course, that means I pay a US outbound tariff on the active parts and then an inbound tariff on the completed products, thus paying tariff costs twice.

Jim

--
Jim Brain
br...@jbrain.com