Well, if you're after an EMP-tolerant oscilloscope, there's always the
mirror-galvanometer + rotating mirror variety.  Precedes the development
of the CRT by quite a bit.  Runs fine with clockwork.

It's amazing what can be done with simple electrics and mechanics.

Anyone remember using the wall-galvanometer + telescope setup in physics
classes?  Or am I dating myself again?

I recall working on L&N clamp-galvanometer chart recorders with
clockwork drive and a single dry cell to provide power to a wheatstone
bridge.  L&N "Micromax".  The idea is to sense the position of the galvo
needle (periodically clamped) and adjust the setting of the slidewire to
bring things into balance, which drives the recording pen.

They were still in use in steel mills when I was in my salad days.  The
electronic versions with chopper amplifiers and regular servo drives
were known as "Speedomax"  Probably not EMP-safe.

--Chuck