On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 09:34:42PM -0700, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 4/19/24 19:39, ben via cctalk wrote:
[...]
>> Now is a good time to stock up for any z80 projects or repair, while they
>> are $10 or less on epay.

Unless people start panic-buying them, Z80 chips are likely to languish in
Mouser etc's warehouses for years. After all, Zilog wouldn't stop production
of something in high demand.

> I seem to remember that in the mid 80s, OEM quantity price for a Z80A was
> less than a buck a chip.

There's this thing called "inflation", which does tend to become somewhat
significant after four decades.

In the mid-80s, a pint of beer cost about 70 pence. I've escaped that
benighted island, but according to friends who were not so lucky it is now
now seven quid in London these days. That's enough to drive you to drink,
except, well...