On 4/20/2024 9:55 AM, Jon Elson via cctalk wrote:
On 4/19/24 21:07, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:
Gee! Have sales gone down?

One more reason to use the 8080 subset when writing CP/M programs.

Aren't there already some licensed second sources?

Harris also made an all-CMOS plug-compatible Z-80.  I used it in a low-power project.

Jon

This was my line of thinking...

 * Aren't there second/third sources for the original?
 * I understand the core lives on in ez80 and other lines. Is it
   possible to make a small PCB with a 40 pin DIP footprint and put one
   of these other designs on there? (I admit I have not looked at the
   other cores, so perhaps they can't be coaxed to act like just a Z80,
   just wondering).

Jim

--
Jim Brain