When my wife (now my ex-wife) told me during a move that my 2 PDP-8/E racks were not going to the new apartment because there wasn't room for her roll top desk and my computer.  And told me "they go or you go with them but they are not moving with us", I should have seen the signs and gone with them.

That would have saved me a bunch of money in the divorce AND I would still have those beautiful PDP-8's.

I'm still trying to recover from that one.