From: Eric Smith via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2024 11:15 AM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Cc: Eric Smith <space...@gmail.com>
Subject: [cctalk] Re: wanted: HP-UX 11i v1 (11.11) install media or images

On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 2:13 AM Adrian Godwin via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I'm interested in this. I'm looking at the bottom end, the bus and
> cards, but there may be information we can share.

That's where I'm starting, too. I'm using a 16500A (rather than a B, C, or
1670x) because it should be much simpler to figure out how the processor
accesses the registers and memory of the modules. Then it should be possible to
build something like a USB4 PCIe alternate mode interface to the analyzer
backplane, replacing the analyzer's CPU card.

I don't intend to reverse-engineer details of how the modules actually work.
Instead, I want to run the real 16700 software in simulation or binary
translation on a PC.

The tricky part is going to be figuring out how the module correlation
circuitry on the CPU board works, because my plan requires reproducing that.