> On Jun 25, 2024, at 8:11 PM, Sellam Abraham via cctalk
> <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> How do we even know for sure that his sister, Jody, is actually the legal
> executor to his estate?

I think that's a bit of a silly question.  For one thing, "executor" is a
status assigned by a probate court, and courts usually don't just make stuff
up.  For another, one thing auction houses take extremely seriously is
"provenance" which amounts to "what, precisely, is the thing being auctioned,
and how did it come to be the property of the owner?"  If there's doubt about
proper title, it's not likely a shop like Christie's would touch the thing.