> Buyers aren't stupid,  quality listings where it is clear that the
> seller
> has put time and effort into creating the listing are appealing.

I never said they were. In fact I argued the opposite that buyers are very
savvy.

> If I list an item as "used" under eBay then I make sure it's clean,  I
> make
> sure that I have tested it and I state this.  I also provide as many
> photographs as eBay allows and they are of good quality.    If I can't
> fully test it,

Great. That is all you need to know as a buyer. The seller's reputation doesn't
really work into it - i.e. a seller with 10K FB and 20 year history on eBay who
takes grainy photos and can't be bothered to say anything about the item is not
about to get more love just because they are established or their reputation.

>  I list it as condition "for parts or repair" and state
> what
> I've tested and what I've not.

As long as you also price it as such (i.e. Pennies on the Dollar or lower).
Many sellers pull all that crap and list it as if they were selling a Kidney....

> I see so many sellers listing stuff as "used" with poor photos and
> often
> some "as-is" disclaimer in the text body.   I don't know why sellers do
> this as eBay is going to force them to take an item back at their own
> expense.

"Wired for Service" anyone? LOL. Yeah lots of crappy established sellers on
eBay (see above).

> I don't sell much on eBay for entirely different reasons; I find their
> fees
> to be BS.

Well they got to eat too. I don't buy as much as used to because of the total
and utter lack of CSR for the customer now a days. eBay seems to forget that
the guy with the cash is the customer to be catered to not the guy listing on
twenty different platforms...

-Ali