On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 1:56 PM Chuck Guzis via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 6/27/24 13:11, Tony Jones via cctalk wrote:
> > I see so many sellers listing stuff as "used" with poor photos and often
> > some "as-is" disclaimer in the text body.   I don't know why sellers do
> > this as eBay is going to force them to take an item back at their own
> > expense.
>
> I see a lot of listings with "not working or for parts" with the tag
> "seller does not accept returns".   I don't understand how a seller can
> ask for more than scrap value in these cases, yet I see outrageous
> asking prices.
>
> One born every minute?
>
> --Chuck

I put the same disclaimer in my listings.  However, it is for naught, as
eBay steps in and applies its own equity based on various factors, so stuff
can and has been returned with refunds even when the seller states they do
not accept returns.  If one is a Top Rated Seller then eBay usually handles
things on both ends and makes both sides happy.

Conclusion: strive to become a Top Rated Seller if you're going to sell on
eBay.