> It can be important at the other end of the scale.
> If a seller has too many negative reviews, I read every one of those,
> and
> decide whether the risk is worthwhile.

Fred,

I agree if the seller has really crappy ratings (80s or lower) then that may
matter if it is an easily found commodity. However, because of the eBay
driven manipulation most sellers have stellar ratings. For example there is
one seller that keeps listing a IBM 5100 with free shipping and a starting
price of 99cents. However, if you actually look at the listing hidden in the
text and pictures he states the item is for sale at a specific price to be
paid on a different site with a spoofed eBay URL. I have reported him a
number of times and most of the time eBay takes the listing off but recently
because of the wording he is using the eBay AI is too stupid to figure it
out. However, throughout the process and multiple listings he has maintained
his 100% FB score. So I ask again what is the FB worth? I bid/buy items I am
interested in at a price I think is fair/I can afford; I lose no biggie and
if I win great. If the seller screws around after sale eBay Money Back
Gurantee is filed immediately no matter what the sellers FB score.

-Ali