One thing (if not already making some hardware list and maybe a description
of the history and price of the item for your family) that was recommended
was just walking around with a video camera and talking about what what. An
archive video of the collection will be a huge help to family if they know
about the video. At least you could say "btw, this is an x .. it's worth
finding a buyer and not trashing"