On Mon, 1 Jul 2024, cz via cctalk wrote:

Actually I am travelling to France in a few weeks and there is an RM80 platter HDA I could pick up. What is the complexity of just checking it as baggage? Do I have to declare it at Customs if the value is like zilch?

CZ

On 7/1/2024 8:41 PM, ben via cctalk wrote:
On 2024-07-01 6:31 p.m., Mike Stein via cctalk wrote:
I've had the same experience with folks in Australia & NZ,
accumulating stuff in the US until there's enough to ship it down
under.
I suspect today still shipping is better than it was in the 70's.
It is just nobody wants to box and crate the stuff,and wait a few
weeks on a ship any more.
Ben.
PS I suspect some people have so much stuff here, they could ship,
to Australia, it could flip to up over.