What else does this apply to?  I believe I have a near complete set of the
CLOAD-80 cassette magazine for the TRS-80, and a few issues of at least one
wanna-be imitation.  Were there floppy disk "magazines" for first gen IBM-PC?

I have years of saved logs from connecting to ward and randy's CBBS as well as
several TRS-80 BBSes.  Printed and on 5.25" floppies.  I was trying to recover
the floppies, but got distracted, and stopped working on that.  (aside: I
should think 100% accurate OCR should be possible for dot matrix printouts, but
have never seen such a program)

the IEEE had a (short lived?) professional journal on personal computers, I
think, and these would have been available on paper or microfiche as they were
printed.

Hardware:  so I should not be sending my 8086, 80286 and 80386 computers to be
recycled?

Other things I've never noticed on ebay might be super valuable rather than
worthless?  like a big board (Z-80 CP/M system)

an early Canon inkjet printer where you could swap out the print head for a
scanner head? (I bought the scanner head after I had stopped using the printer,
and bought a real scanner before getting around to installing the replaceable
one)

I've never seen networking stuff being sold (as retro), only cisco 2500 and
newer for people going for certifications, am I just looking in the wrong
places?  I have four AGS-1 routers (before variable submitting) though IIRC I
figured out 3 were plus and one not, and various software levels, I bought them
hoping to mix and match for a super system, but some boards did not get
recognized in other systems).  And a few IBM and other routers from that
vintage.  such as 10 megabit fiber, FDDI, CDDI, token ring.

aside: I've seen references to ONE megabit unshield twisted pair (I assume the
old 4 prong phone cords), does ANY museum have that, working or not?

--Carey