Ebay.Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Wayne S via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> Date: 2024-07-16  3:40 p.m.  (GMT-08:00) To: "General
Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk@classiccmp.org> Cc: Wayne S
<wayne.su...@hotmail.com> Subject: [cctalk] Re: Old vintage computing
magazine/newsletters Where did you see them sold?Sent from my iPhone> On Jul
16, 2024, at 15:38, Bill Degnan via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:> >
Personally I find them invaluable for research.> > Bill> >> On Tue, Jul 16,
2024, 5:53 PM Brad H via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>>> wrote:>> >> Just a
'survey' sort of question - how much value do you guys put in>> vintage>>
copies of old newsletters, magazines, etc.  I'm talking mid-1970s, like>>
People's Computer Company, etc.  Someone has been selling them one at a>>
time>> on ebay and they routinely go for $125+ each!  Was PCC fairly low>>
circulation?  I have no idea how rare these things are - if I should just>>
dive in to have my memento or wait.  Looking at auction history it seems to>>
be the same group of 2 or 3 bidders going nuts over them.>> >> >> >> One
newsletter I would love to find an original copy of is Micro-8.. but I>> think
the circulation on that was just a hundred or so, so probably>> unlikely.  It
has some blurbs from Grant Runyan in there, who built my TVT>> and Mark-8.>> >>
*should&>> be>> considered valuable - given most/all is archived online.>> >>