On 2024/07/17 11:26 a.m., Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
Having just updated my Advance Directives document before going under
the knife and saw, I thought a bit about the subject of estate planning.

My Lovely Wife, were she to become a Lovely Widow has enough trouble
dealing with day-to-day tasks.  There's no way that she would want to
deal with the minutiae of getting rid of the old junk I have.  Since
I'll be long past the "caring" stage, I've informed her that it's
perfectly acceptable to my memory to have a cleaning service come in and
dispose of the stuff by carting it off to a recycler.

It will simplify her life dramatically.

Sorry, but that's what will work for her.  She will not deal well with
strangers coming into her house, ransacking the place for a bunch of old
computer gear and musical instruments.

--Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Having had a quad bypass (I'm good!) a few years back I've thought about this a bit too.

My intention is to have friends act as executioners of my stuff as they too are collectors.

I do believe if they get money for the stuff it will help my wife out in the future after they cover expenses and their time...the idea is they would simply take everything my wife doesn't want away and deal with the disposal for her and then make some restitution to her.

These are honourable folks...and my wife knows them.

John :-#)#