So sprach Mike A. Harris am Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 08:02:38AM -0400:
> define it in PAGER so there should be no problem.  All releases
> of Red Hat Linux I have at my disposal seem to define PAGER
> properly anyways.

Uhm, don't know about your RedHat Releases, I can only check two different
RedHat 6.2 installations, and there PAGER is not set.  And yes, less is
available.  Hmm, what tools page files other than man which seems to default
to less even if PAGER is unset?
And also Mandrake 7.2 and 8.0 do not have PAGER set, even with less being
installed by default.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)