>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bill Davidsen)

>> >Don't know - is star not released under GPL?
>>
>> They wanted to have Copyright FSF instead of Copyright Jörg Schilling.
>> This is illegal outside USA.

>What? Try that again, I doubt you really mean that a corporation can't
>hold a copyright outside the USA, since I have recent documentation
>which certainly has corporate copyrights, coming from both the UK and
>Germany. If you mean they want to take credit for your work, agreed,
>they certainly have in some cases! If you are lucky they will recognize
>you as a contributor somewhere down in the non-essential documentation.

>But if it really illegal, please clarify a bit for those of us
>unfamiliar with EU laws.

First we should find a real english word for "Urheberrecht".

Copyright does not met the meaning of the word as it only means the right
to copy something. This right may of course be transferred.

The problem is that all dictionaries I am aware of list Copyriht as
english counterpart for Urheberecht. If you try to start with this equation,
it looks different.

Urheberrecht is the intellectual right on the work hold by the person who
is the creator of the work. You are not allowed to transfer this right
in Europe but from what I am aware of you may do it on USA.

If we could find a right english word for urheberrecht, and FSF only likes
to get a non-exlusive right for creating copies / publishing, there is
no problem.

Could you help with the right word?

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling