Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Well, if you like -dummy in RAW mode to work, ask the SCSI standard
> >> kommittee to change the standard for your needs....
>
> >Still trying to be popular, aren't you? I ask a polite yes/no question,
> >and you provide a long hostile answer... I'm ready to try the test
> >results you asked people to provide and you take the opportunity to say
> >something nasty. The reason you are not getting the feedback you want
> >might be because people don't like to be insulted, belittled, or
> >otherwise treated less than politely.
>
> If you are sending an aggressive answer to my request on testing you
> should epect an aggressive reply....
>
> I simply did reply in the same tone as your mail. If you like a polite answer
> simply send your question in the manner you expect.

Aggressive?? I asked if the -dummy modes would work so I could spot
obvious problems without wasting a media. I was trying to get some
results as you requested. What on earth is aggressive about that?

No matter, I had a bunch of recovery disks to burn on many systems, I
have done what I have to, and I won't bother with the new software, I
don't need it.

--
   -bill davidsen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])